ATHLETE’S FOOT / TINEA PEDIS
Tinea is a common fungal skin infection, affecting various parts of the body. On the foot, tinea initially begins in the web spaces and becomes white and soggy in appearance. Odour may develop and the skin thickens and peels. If left untreated it can spread to the nails.
- Dry carefully between toes and use antifungal powder after drying
- Use methylated spirits or iodine in mild cases
- Change shoes and socks daily, nylon stocking may aggravate the problem
- Use thongs when showering in public places, and don’t share towels, socks and shoes
- Topical medication or antibiotics tablets in very severe cases.